Use every advantage, you’ll be better off!
When selling your home you want it to sell at its best price. To do this it’s important to plan ahead.
Most sellers do most of their preparation within 14 days of listing their home and when rushing it’s easy to miss important details. The important details can help a home sell at its best price.
Selling this year? Remember these 10 things.
- There are better times to sell each year and it’s not when most people think necessarily.
- The preparation required to have your home in its best ‘showable’ condition takes more time than you think. Start planning early.
- Even minor issues and concerns are important to remedy before listing and especially before a home inspector finds them.
- Much of the preparation needed to sell your home at its highest price is inexpensive and easy to do. Click here to see the 20 affordable & quick fix-ups that make your home sell higher.
- Get to know your market. Know the important stats to consider and find an experienced Realtor® that will help you interpret them. Your selling strategy will vary depending on the current dynamics in your local market. Understand these and use them to your advantage.
- As soon as you can start looking online at other homes similar to yours. The homes in the best condition will sell quickly and at a higher price. How does yours compare? Here is a great link where you can narrow down and accurately search the MLS.
- The majority of advice you receive from friends and family is incorrect. The information people tend to share is often things they’ve heard from someone else. If you want to know the status of your local market etc., ask an experienced Realtor®.
- Know which improvements offer the biggest return on investment when selling your home and understand that not doing essential improvements will encourage a lower price. For what’s not finished or repaired properly a buyer will insist on a lower sale price, even if you’re priced with those things considered.
- If your house isn’t new that’s alright, but do your best to make its age less of an issue. Prepare your home so its age isn’t what potential buyers focus on.
- Clean, clean, clean… an unkempt house listed for sale will leave thousands of dollars on the table.
Blake King is a real estate Broker/Realtor® and market expert in Red Deer and Central Alberta. Know your market, you’ll be better off!
I’ll show you the best way to earn the most money when selling your home. Through my experience selling homes, I’ve developed a plan using research, local market stats, and advanced marketing to maximize any home’s sale price. And I save sellers on commission costs. Not only do I help sellers earn the most when selling I also show buyers how to save the most too. Call (403) 350-7672 or email email@example.com